Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A stag that was shut down.

Jimbo Aquino (born October 13, 1985 in Tarlac, Philippines is a Filipino professional basketball player who currently plays for the Barangay Ginebra Kings in the Philippine Basketball Association. He is considered as one of the best young shooters in the country.
Coming to the 85th Season of the NCAA, Aquino was a nobody. But suddenly, the San Sebastian Stags made a blistering 15-0 start. Aquino led his team and the league in scoring with an average of 21 points per game. He was a top MVP candidate but lost it due to a flagrant foul he committed. He helped the stags dethrone 3-peat champions the San Beda Red Lions.
He won the Finals Most Valuable Player award for his great performance. He also helped the NCAA beat rival league UAAP in the All-Star game, and was awarded All-Star MVP edging NCAA MVP John "Bad Boy" Wilson.



 Jimbo Aquino, I knew him before. I was a college Basketball Fanatic and I love to watch NCAA and UAAP. I am cheering for San Beda Red Lions but, i know Jimbo Aquino's worth.
He was the Finals MVP when they won the championship,he was named as the MVP of the UAAP NCAA All Star and had a good shot for MVP for that season but because he had a suspended game, he was not included for the run.When he was picked by Ginebra, I was in the tour at Ilocos, and I felt the excitement because I know, he was in good hands.

Before, he shoot three's making defense and all.
But now, he just sits and wait for the last bell and ready to go showers without any marks at the game.
Jimbo Aquino - Finals MVP




 

This is what GINEBRA is missing and I know they NEED.

I am still hoping that he could help the team this season and not just to waste his skills and talent sitting at that bench. 


Credits to Ms. Joyce Aquino (His sister, for this pictures, sorry I didn't get a chance to ask for permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment